Bugging out is a last ditch choice in times of need, yet a situation that one should consider. Nevertheless, households all over the country are forced from their houses every day due to fires, natural disasters, evacuations and localized problems. In creating my own experience with my Bug Out Bags throughout the years and seeing the packages of others, I came up with a list of 10 mistakes I see typical in BOB's. Bear in mind there is no incorrect BOB, any BOB is much better than absolutely nothing. However avoiding these errors will conserve you cash, hone your bag to a do anything be anything platform that can conserve your life, provide you securely to your bug out location and act as a basis for a bigger survival system.
1) Buying the Bag First – Plan your package then purchase the bag that fits you and your kit package best
2) Too Tactical – You objective should be to avoid conflict, pack defensively … not offensively.
3) Too Bushcraft – Do not put all your eggs in this basket … your bag ought to provide all your requirements for 72 hours
4) No Strategy – Planning is your # 1 tool, plan you Bug Out then choose your gear to get you there
5) Not In Forming – Get in shape, if you fat and out of shape then you are your excellent liability.
6) Lone Wolf – Do not assume you will be by yourself (specifically if you have a household). Strategy Appropriately
7) No Details Package – You should have at least he call information for all your crucial contacts and organizations.
8) No Cash – You ought to have at least $400-$ 500 in your BOB … gold and silver is a plus … perpaid Credit Cards are a plus … Cash is necessary!
9) No suggests to fix your Bag – carry a dedicated kit to repair your bag
10) No First Aid for you swallow – Be ready to deal with diarrhea, vomiting and irregularity. If a Bug out or survival situation you will experience an extreme modification in diet plan, be prepared to deal with stomach concerns and digestion issues.